Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Miniature Elsa ( Frozen) cake.

A little friend of mine wanted an Elsa cake for her Birthday and  her mum was quite able to handle that part of the party but when the little girl asked for an Elsa cake for her dollhouse she asked me for help.  So this is what I came up with.

She gave me permission to share the recipe with  you.

Here is what you will need :
A basic cake shape. You can use a piece of dowel or a slice of cork or a foam bead as long as it is round and has  flat  smooth top. I was happy to use the eraser my little friend suggested because it already had a nice blue outside rim that looked like icing.

If you need to paint the blue icing on yours you will need some paint and a brush.

A printed picture of Elsa. I found mine on Pinterest when I looked for bottle top crafts.

Mod Podge and a brush.

Snow paint or caulking or  puff paint.

 Straight pins.
These are the erasers and the pictures I used .

If you need to add the blue icing to the side of the cake I suggest you do that first.


 Use Mod Podge to decoupage the picture on top of the eraser or whatever you are using.
Leave to dry and cut around the edge of the eraser.
Apply a coat of Mod Podge to the top of the picture and leave to dry.


Paint  Elsa's hair  with the snow paint or  your product of choice . Use a straight pin to model the hair a bit. Keep a photo of Elsa handy for reference. Use the pin to make  a pleated pattern where the hair is pleated .  If it does not work right away you can wipe it off because the Mod Podge will protect the picture and try again.  Leave to set.

I had three erasers so we ended up with three cakes. They all turned out slightly different, because the pictures I used where slightly different too.




I finished my cake by adding a few stick on crystals to the top of the cake and some star shaped sequins to the side but that is optional.

No comments:

Post a Comment